Balanced source terms for wave generation within the Hasselmann equation
- 1Department of Mathematics, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
- 2Lebedev Physical Institute RAS, Leninsky 53, Moscow 119991, Russia
- 3Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk, 630090, Russia
- 4Waves and Solitons LLC, 1719 W. Marlette Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85015, USA
- 5Taylor Engineering Research Institute, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Abstract. The new Zakharov–Resio–Pushkarev (ZRP) wind input source term Zakharov et al.(2012) is examined for its theoretical consistency via numerical simulation of the Hasselmann equation. The results are compared to field experimental data, collected at different sites around the world, and theoretical predictions based on self-similarity analysis. Consistent results are obtained for both limited fetch and duration limited statements.