Application of concentration-volume fractal method in induced polarization and resistivity data interpretation for Cu-Mo porphyry deposits exploration, case study: Nowchun Cu-Mo deposit, SE Iran
- 1Department of Geology, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
- 2Shahid Beheshti University, Geosciences Faculty, Tehran, Iran
- 3Department of Geology, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
- 4Amirkabir University of technology, Tehran, Iran
- 5Department of Mining Engineering, South Tehran branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Abstract. The aim of this study is the utilization of the concentration-volume (C-V) fractal method based on geoelectrical data including induced polarization (IP) and resistivity (RS) in targeting areas hosting different sulfidic mineralization zones in Nowchun Cu-Mo porphyry deposit, SE Iran. The C-V fractal model employed in this research in order to separate high and moderate sulfidic zones from low sulfidic zone and barren wall rocks in the deposit is corresponding to chargeability and resistivity. Results obtained from the C-V method indicate that there is a positive correlation between subsurface mineralization and sulfide mineralized zones; additionally, use of the C-V method based on geophysical data is recognized as an accurate approach for delineation of various mineralization zones in the depth for optimization of mineral exploration operation, particularly in porphyry deposits.