A new method for abrupt change detection in dynamic structures
- 1National Climate Center, China Meteorological Administration, Beijing, China
- 2Key Laboratory of Regional Climate-Environment for Temperate East Asia, Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
- 3Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences, Beijing, China
- 4Yangzhou Meteorological Bureau of Jiangsu Province, Yangzhou, China
- 5Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, China
Abstract. Based on Detrended Fluctuation Analysis (DFA), we propose a new method – Moving Detrended Fluctuation Analysis (MDFA) – to detect abrupt change in dynamic structures. Application of this technique shows that this method may be of use in detecting time-instants of abrupt change in dynamic structures and we even find that the MDFA results almost do not depend on length of subseries, and are less affected by noise.